Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

04 Pacifica pcm

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:18 AM
Default 04 Pacifica pcm

Looking for help here this is my first Chrysler ive always been a chevy person buy anyways so I brought this 04 Pacifica from the auto action and im starting to regret it when I brought and drove it home it was all fine till this day it still drives great but I have a engine light on had it checked out and its a P0850 code which is park/neutral input circuit well to make the story short my rear hatch wont open with the car on and I cant program my seat memories and the light indacaters are all on from park to drive and the auto stick doesnt work just the other day my driver side headlight stopped working so I replaced the headlight bulb and no lock so I took it in and some off the grounds on it where bad so I spent 170 dollars to get it repaired and its been 4 days already with no problems now well since the grounds where cleaned up and replaced I thought it would clear up the rest of the problem off the PCM but I guess not so im trying to avoid the dear of getting it replaced there theres a auto parts store called Lees auto parts here where im from and they said they can program the PCM for me which is great BUT!!!!!!! will it affect other programs on the car that I should know about first before buying a PCM for it?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 AM

any help would be great im trying to get it fix a.s.a.p. before I need to take it in for emissions or smog and they will fail it quick here in Illinois once that check engine light is on they will fail it and suspended my tags on it

Old 01-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

why who or what made u just to the pcm with out looking at any other items? Have a transmission shop scan the trans computer first see if there are any codes in it.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 AM

I had a transmission shop look at it already they said the there are no codes in the trans computer that the code that's coming up is stored in the pcm they also checked the wireing that goes to the park/neutral swtich and everything seems to be fine but my main concern is will I have to reprogram the key as well

Old 01-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

I would condemn a park/neutral switch before a PCM in this matter.
A programmed PCM U wont need to worry about that key issue

Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 PM

I am having this same issue, I bought a new neutral park sensor thing , I just cant figure out where it goes. Please please let me know what u find out about yours.
thank you.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

what engine size do u have?

Old 01-10-2014, 03:22 PM

brianhaworth I will definitely let u know buddy im just getting sick and tired of turning the car off just to open the rear hatch on it when I have the car on I also was reading that in 2004 when this pacificas came out that they needed the pcm reprogrammed some update on it don't know if that's true or not what do u think Chrysler Tech?? from what my mechanic told me that the park/neutral swtich is in the transmission from what I was told also I noicted on mine I can turn it on in reverse and in drive and the autostick doesn't work at all and all the indicators on the dash are all lit instead of just the P being highlighted when I put it in drive its just the D that's highlighted and when I put it back in park all of them are highlighted