Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

Beware: Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Default Beware: Poor Customer Service

Good Evening,

I am appalled and shocked at the lack of professionalism that I encountered during a recent telephone conversation with Chrysler. As I made my selections through the 1-800-992-1997 hierarchy, I finally made it to a 'live' person. Within 30 seconds, the conversation went down hill.

My vehicle only has 28,000 miles on it and due to weather rot, I had to replace my tires. As the tires were being replaced, the rims were so corroded with build up, the center cap was broken and as a result, the rims have no center cap. I called and inquired to see if any goodwill gesture could be provided and after several discussions, Chrysler offered to pay for 3 rims and I was to pay for the 4th rim. Like any normal person, I inquired about the price. I was quoted a price of $200 by the local dealership and I expressed that figure to the representative. He confirmed that was correct.

1 month later when the dealership called and told me the rims were in, I made my appointment accordingly. The dealership told me the price was $300 + tax. I said that price was incorrect. It was quoted to me at $200. The dealership said that I had to call 1-800-992-1997 and discuss it with them.

The representative told me that it was documented in the system that the charge would be $300 per rim. When I asked her to review the recording of the discussion I had with the rep originally, she told me that they do not do that. However, as you work your way through the 1-800-992-1997 hierarchy, it says that calls could be recorded.

I asked to speak with a supervisor so I could understand how the price jumped from $200 to $300. She placed me on hold and came back and told me there was no supervisor available and she went on to explain that the computer told her the offer was $300. Like any normal person, I continued to inquire as to how the price increased. Finally, after some persuasion, I finally spoke to a supervisor. The supervisor did not offer to listen to anything, rather she rambled on that I had a choice: accept the offer as is or reject it. I told her that the offer was different than what was verbally told to me and I was not going to accept the current offer until I understand the difference. She said, "just a moment"....After 1-2 minutes, she came back and said, I have documented that you rejected the offer....Click.

Keep up the great customer service Chrysler. Hope that others read this and take it into account when deciding to purchase one of your vehicles. The next time I seek to purchase a new vehicle, Chrysler will not be consider.