Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

Brooke Shields

Old 10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Default Brooke Shields

I'm getting tired of looking at that woman selling VW's. I promise not to buy a VW, ever.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Default RE: Brooke Shields

I don't so much mind looking at Brooke. She has always been pleasant. But I do think that the VW commercials with her in them are inanely stupid.

I'm not sure why, but recently I have been noticing that commercials from VW and Comcast in particular have been designed around a business' relationship with the customer. In both cases the relationship is broken. In VW's case, they insult the customer with lines like "Don't be a Becky". In Comcast's case it's putting a bad actor in a banana suit and having him be ignorant enough to think that Comcast's new digital voice is the right phone service to correct his problems. (Oh yeah! I want to be like him!)

Oh, and let's not forget Burger King's King who shows up in bedrooms, peeping in windows, and his "magic fingers" (BK 3000), or their promotion of beastiality with the cow in the motel room. I wasn't too fond of Arby's marriage to a goat either, but at least that was presented as a practical joke.

Needless to say, these ad campaigns have driven me away from their business.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM

I have always wondered why ad agencies would go to such lengths to portray the customer, or potential customer as such a blithering idiot. Like you say, 'Why would I want to be like him?'

Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 AM

I could look at Brooke Shields all night long!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 PM

Oh, now, come on! We all get knocked up just so we can buy a Routan.