Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

grand voyager aftermarket stereo fit.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Default grand voyager aftermarket stereo fit.

Hi to you all, could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get sound after fitting an after market stereo to my 02 plate Grand Voyager please? i have searched all threds and plenty of users ask question but no correct answers, i have worked out the stereo must be coded to amps as if you unplug original unit with ignition on i get sound from new after market system!
Is there a replay being switched on by a CAN signal to power up amp/amps i can bypass?
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 PM

HERE YA GO! You can get the pigtail wiring for your vehicle, and mate it to the aftermarket radio, and just plug in.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Default 2002 grand voyager after market radio sorted

Hi again to anyone that has had this problem, as im an autoelectrician i had a play this morning and have sorted the problem of no sound!

I have worked out that the original radio sends a can bus signal to turn on a relay in engine bay fuse box which powers up the amp/speakers, simple solution just bypass relay!
Email me if anyone needs any further assistance!

Paul.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by autospark
Hi again to anyone that has had this problem, as im an autoelectrician i had a play this morning and have sorted the problem of no sound!

I have worked out that the original radio sends a can bus signal to turn on a relay in engine bay fuse box which powers up the amp/speakers, simple solution just bypass relay!
Email me if anyone needs any further assistance!

Paul.
Hi Autospark, I did a quick job on the relay and the amp came alive, all was well untill I found the battery dead after a couple of days,so it looks as if the amp is staying live when the ignition is switched off If you look at the relay from above there are three pins on the right hand side and two on the left, I put a bypass wire across the two front pins closest to the bumper, It works but is not a permenant fix, any ideas!!!!!, Im seriously thinking of just running a on/off switch in to the vehicle.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 PM

Check your aftermarket radio to see if it has a power antenna output. You might be able to use that to activate the relay.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 PM

When I installed mine years ago, the Infinity speakers did not work.

So, this is what I found ..

The amp relay is in the Relay/Fuse box located under the hood. The amp relay is the one labeled NBS which stands for Name Brand Speakers.

If you are trying to install an after market radio in a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country, you may notice that no sound comes from the speakers. This is because the single wire that is connected to the factory radio sends a signal to the Bus which tells the relay to turn on - powering the factory amp. I bypassed this by running a wire from the red Acc power wire on the radio to the relay. Connect the wire to pin number 87 on the relay. When standing in front of and facing the van, pin number 87 is the pin, on the NBS relay, which is closest to you and furthest right.

pin 87 was the 3rd pin on the connector. I believe it was purple/green.
I used my multilmeter to corrrespond the relay socket with the pin below where the connector goes into.

There is a grommet right above the pedals inside where you can push a wire through.