Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

turbo to cooler radiator pipe / gearbox side crankshaft seal leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 AM
kkc
Default turbo to cooler radiator pipe / gearbox side crankshaft seal leaking oil

I have been getting a few drops of oil on the floor (varies from a few drops to 1tbsp per 24 hours). Went under, looks like I may have a crankshaft oil seal leaking - the one between the gearbox and engine. The oil leaks where the sump/engine block and gearbox meet. Is it possible that there may be another cause?

Also the pipe from the turbo to the cooler radiator has always been a bit oily on the outside for the last 10 years. Whilst I was looking for the leak source, I disconnected this pipe and drained 1/2 tbsp of engine oil. Does anyone have an oily cloth pipe going from the turbo to the bottom of the radiator? Or is it completely dry and oil free? I am wondering if my turbo oil seals are gone. Could also explain some of the black exhaust smoke.

With all the problems I have had this year (thermostat, EGR, injectors, fuel pump solenoid (MPROP), fuel level sender) I am reminded of Logan's Run - when the red spot in the palm starts glowing, it's end of life baby...!!! Thankfully I haven't replaced the injectors yet.