General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

01 sebring service eng lite

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Default 01 sebring service eng lite

hello everybody

I am fairly new to this website. I was doing some browsing on the net came across this site and thought maybe I could get some answers or suggestions about my 01 sebring. about a year ago my service light came on. i informed my husband while away in afghanistan about it and he told me not to really worry. it could be low on fluids or something very minor. while i am a worry wort and couldn't stand to see the light on...i thought it could be possibly be a tune up. so i got the plugs changed and the mechanic informed me that the light is on because of my downstream oxygen intake senor. I informed my husband (by the way) did I mention is also a mechanic...(don't ask!!!!) and he told me that the sensor would just make me lose gas mileage and still not a big problem...well just a few days ago. I notice my car was overheating and while in park I hear weird noises coming from the engine...also while in drive going about 45 mph on the passenger side I hear a weird metal grinding noise. (could be two different issues here). anyone got any answers or suggestions. I have asked around and I heard it could be my catalyst converter going bad...my "heads need to be replace...confused as I am...and really don't know anything about cars except changing a flat tire...could someone send me in the right direction....

thanks!
mysbring01

Just for info: my engine is a v6 2.7 with approx. 78k miles

Old 12-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 01 sebring service eng lite

have u had the codes checked out? grinding is not a cat sounds like u need to have some one look it over and if your hubby is a tech then he knows that a check engine light would not turn on an engine light. thecheck engine light is a federal gov issue thats why we even have the stupid things.
I live in the atl area let me knoe if i can help.
Kevin