General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

04 Town and Country A/C Issues

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Default 04 Town and Country A/C Issues

Our A/C blew hot one day. DH filled with freon. Two days later the A/C blew hot again (on a 100+degree day, nonetheless) and the compressor squealed. We brought it into the dealer who told us we needed a new compressor. $1200 later. Two days later, blowing heat again. There is a leak the back system, they say...$585 later. One day later, blowing hot AGAIN. I am scheduled to go in again tomorrow for a third look. This is a Dodge/Chrysler garage where I am bring it.

The garage refuses to think the first two problems could have be related, and that this third problem now (and, $1800 later and still not fixed) is probably unrelated to the first two. Hello?! How to proceed here? Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

DivaDina

Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Default RE: 04 Town and Country A/C Issues

Go see service mgr and or dealer owner ask what they can do to help you. Pretty obvious the tech is not that good. After you fix an A/c leak you test the system to see if there are others. MAJOR leaks should have been discovered and they should have let you know about the full repair the 1st time in. At times it’s hard to find a VERY SLOW leak& it might take two repairs.
The third and beyond should be on them they did not 1fix it the 1st or second time around.

It’s a bad situation. But you have some leverage by stating you will write to Chrysler, bbb and to your local TV station if they have such a thing in your area.

You need to suggest calmly and professionally that thus far you are not a happy camper and you feel you got the shaft and request they refund 1/2 the money back on second bill and fix the problem (something you paid them to do the 1st time).

About the only real power you have is your word of mouth negative advertising which can go a long way or the power of the almighty pen.

Your dollars speak as to where you go for service next time and where you purchase a new or newer vehicle.

I feel your pain, I hate going to car dealers or auto repair places it's like some of them feel like they have a license to steal/or rip people off. And it's proportional to how much you know about auto repair.

I’ve always thought if something like this happened to me I would get a large picture of a screw with an apostrophe as in I got screwed here
And park my car very visibly during the busiest 1 hr in the/m and p/m and wave my sign so people would know I got screwed by the dealer. That would tend to whatever it took to get you out of there that kind of advertising kills
You can start on Sunday since dealers are closed, in most states

Write TO chrysler informing them of the dealer it will put a check mark of another complaint, but this can be a powerful tool.