General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'07 sebring Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Unhappy '07 sebring Help!!!!

So the other day i went to start my car to let it warm up, and all it did was turn over. Wouldn't start at all. Luckily I had my buddies scan tool with me (wifes jeep wouldnt start the day before ) and i hooked it up and it gave me the code p0017 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor B. Hoping its not the worst and its just the sensor. My question is, Where is this sensor located at? i have no idea what "bank 1 sensor b" means. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

what engine size?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 PM

let us know what engine size it is so we can pull up the diagrams and let you know

Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 AM

aww man i knew i forgot something. i even told myself before i wrote the post that i would put the engine size on it my bad. anywho its a 2.4 4 cyl i believe.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:16 PM

im still not having any luck finding it. internet is pretty much useless besides forums. so if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Possible Causes
INTERMITTENT DTC
ENGINE OIL DIRTY OR CONTAMINATED
INCORRECT ENGINE OIL VISCOSITY
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT WIRING OR CONNECTORS
CAMSHAFT 1/2 POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT WIRING OR CONNECTORS
(F343) FUSED MAIN RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
(K276) CMP 1/2 CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
CAMSHAFT 1/2 POSITION SOLENOID
CAMSHAFT PHASER
CAMSHAFT 1/2 POSITION SENSOR
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
CRANKSHAFT, TONE WHEEL OR FLEX PLATE
CAMSHAFT, TONE WHEEL OR PULSE RING
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM

i am guessing that since it is saying bank 1 it's a dohc engine, i am in lab tomorrow so i will look into and see what i can find out

Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM

that would be awesome if you could check it out for me. or give me a general idea on what the sensor looks like and wehre its located. i appreciate you taking the time to help me out

Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM

ok so i have the same problem with my sebring! i got three codes. p000a, p000b, an p0017. so i changed the 2 camshaft sensors and when i pull them out they had metal shavings and dirty oil! i need to change the crankshaft sensor but i dont know where it is located. i looked and i cant find it for some reason, any help will be greatly usefull! thanks

Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM

i went down to my mechanic just last week to schedule an appt. with them to take a look at it, he said that the sebrings have an issue with the timing belt jumping so thats what im leaning to. the funny thing is that my car hasnt moved for about a month because of this and last week i went out to start it and it started fine, even ran fine. drove around the block and came back, shut it off and then it wouldnt start again. getting it towed on friday

Quick Reply: '07 sebring Help!!!!