General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'07 sebring Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Thumbs up

really?? man that sucks bad, ok so just to refresh memory and an update of your situation! what is exactly the codes that your getting on your obd? the reason im asking is because i had to bad camshaft position sensors, and the code said that they were slow respond, so i changed the 2 sensors and i changed the oil, i reset the computer and ta-da! problem fixed, but my car always started and i drove it normally, so i really dont know what your going through. if you can explain more detailed we can get to the bottom of this!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:55 PM

Zero correlation happens when there is little or no relationship between two things- in this case the crank and the camshaft position sensors. when they don't affect each other. so if we think about it, it could be many things, For example, it could be that one or more of the 3 sensors is not working properly, the oil viscosity, the 2.4L works better with a 5w-20. so make sure you have that in your car. timing misalignment could be another reason.A loose distributor rotor on the distributor shaft. Excessive free play in the timing chain and gear assembly. etc,etc.
in my opinion (this is just my opinion) if i was in your place i would have the sensors replaced and i would take the car to a shop to perform a correct timing on the engine.
The definition of correlation:
The crankshaft sensor is part of the primary ignition system and functions as the "trigger". It detects the position of the crankshaft, relays that information on to the ignition module
(depending on the vehicle) to control spark timing. The Camshaft position sensor detects the position of the camshaft and relays the information to the ignition. Then uses the camshaft position signal to identify the beginning of the injector sequence. What ties these two shafts and their sensors together is the timing belt or chain. The cam and crank should be precisely timed together. If the computer detects that the Crank and Cam signals are out of time by a specific number of degrees, this p0017 code will set.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:56 PM

Zero correlation happens when there is little or no relationship between two things- in this case the crank and the camshaft position sensors. when they don't affect each other. so if we think about it, it could be many things, For example, it could be that one or more of the 3 sensors is not working properly, the oil viscosity, the 2.4L works better with a 5w-20. so make sure you have that in your car. timing misalignment could be another reason.A loose distributor rotor on the distributor shaft. Excessive free play in the timing chain and gear assembly. etc,etc.
in my opinion (this is just my opinion) if i was in your place i would have the sensors replaced and i would take the car to a shop to perform a correct timing on the engine.
The definition of correlation:

The crankshaft sensor is part of the primary ignition system and functions as the "trigger". It detects the position of the crankshaft, relays that information on to the ignition module
(depending on the vehicle) to control spark timing. The Camshaft position sensor detects the position of the camshaft and relays the information to the ignition. Then uses the camshaft position signal to identify the beginning of the injector sequence. What ties these two shafts and their sensors together is the timing belt or chain. The cam and crank should be precisely timed together. If the computer detects that the Crank and Cam signals are out of time by a specific number of degrees, this p0017 code will set.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM

the symptoms of this code are: check engine light, the engine could run but with low power, the engine my crank but wont start!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:32 AM

p0017 is the code that its giving me. just a quick question, how much were the 2 sensors that you replaced, and where are they on the motor? i have no idea what im looking for and cant find any pics of it online

Old 04-02-2010, 04:20 PM

ok the sensors are like 19 us dollars each. and of course you get them as an special order form the chrysler dealership.. and now on the fun part.. lets place your self with the hood open and you in front of the engine. ok if you remove the plastic cover, you will see the intake manifold which is the dark plastic that connects to the air filter box. ok so if you look on your right hand side and shape the engine as a rectangle the sensors should be right on the two corners of the right side of the engine, they are located under the wiring, you should be able to see the catalytic sensors, follow their link that connects to the camshaft sensor . i will try to post pics this weekend ok. keep me updated