General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Concord Starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Default 2000 Concord Starting problems

Hello All,
New to the Forum here. I have a bit of a problem with this vehicle. I was not there when the issues started so I can just describe what is was happening when the issues started. Driver said that she started to lose power while driving on the highway and then she said that the car died, but then restarted to get further home. Anyway she got the car to the house and coasted into the driveway....she saw smoke coming from the drivers side wheel and it appears to be coolant. Anyway that brings me to the current no start issue. The car turns the motor over, but will not hook up and run. I did take out a plug and try to see if there was spark and there is not. I checked fuses and a couple of relays and they were fine. Looking for a junction point to see if there is power coming to all six of the coils....2.7L engine by the way. Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM

Well went out and started to take the car apart and found that it was leaking some coolant next to the thermostat housing......there was what looked like a hole next to one of the bolts on the right side. Poured the coolant in and just came leaking out that hole. Who ever heard of putting the alternator and thermostat on the bottom of these motors??? I got aggrivated and quit for the day. Not much room to work either!! It appears that she ran it kinda dry and over heated the motor some. I cannot tell if this leak is coming from the thermostat housing or not.