General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Pacifica A/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Default 2004 Pacifica A/C

I have a 2004 Pacifica with auto a/c controls. The a/c just stopped blowing cold one day. The clutch won't engage unless jumped at the relay. I'm not getting ground to energize the relay. I've replaced the PCM, replaced the high pressure switch and had a dye test done. I put it in the shop because the a/c had stopped working. When I went to pick it up the mechanic said no leaks came back during the dye test and they had tested everything and ended up replacing the high pressure switch. With the a/c still not working he told me I'd have to go to the dealer cause it was prolly the PCM. I replaced the PCM and still no a/c. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

I am having similar issue with my '04 Pacifica. I just had the A/C compressor (w/ clutch), expansion valve, and condenser replaced. No leaks, but the fuse pops every time the clutch goes to engage. Had my mechanic install ANOTHER new compressor (same maker bought from the same company) and the problem persists. The circuitry has been tested by 3 different mechanics (including Chrysler themselves) and wires visually traced by 1 dedicated mechanic. Clutch engages when jumped. All 3 mechanics isolated the problem to the compressor. About to have a 3rd compressor installed (diff. manufacturer this time). What is the issue? I will post my own string as well and keep tabs on yours. Maybe by branching out we can get some answers.