General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

5th Ave help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Default 5th Ave help!!

So Im behind this SUV goin 40 on a 45 mph road. And its legal to pass them on this road. 3.3L V6 I couldnt help myself. So I fly by, I was realy suprised at the power of the car considering its a boat, would make a good freeway racer. Well it just reciently had tranny work done, and the guy did a ****ty job, so I didnt pay him :] and so im accelerating right? I also have the stereo up so I dont hear the motor to well after I let off the gas. Well it starts to chug now. "wtf". Turn down the stereo; let off the gas; and it dies. So I give it a little gas and it starts back up. Keep in mind im still going 50. Then I finish the road at a stop light and it dies. Wont start for a while. let it cool, wave people around me. Then Its starts. So I take it home to see whats wrong. well...

Now its knocking from the front side of the motor (would be drivers side if it were RWD) So I take off the valve cover... nothing wrong with the springs or nothing that I can see from yet. So now im in the process of taking off the head. And its a bitch because I have very little tools. Im buying them as I go. I just got a new impact wrench, now I need a air compressor. But still, The header was in the way, so I took it off. And broke my first bolt. Its still not off. But I need to get it off because it broke off on the short half, yada yada It needs to come off. Well Im gunna get my buddy chris who works at Klein Honda over to help. And I need a torch to get the bolts out but what do I do after that??? Should I just buy a new one? or do i need to buy 2 so i have a new one on the other side? Or should I get the part from a junk yard? HHHEEELLLPPP!!![:@]