General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Chrysler Concorde Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Default 98 Chrysler Concorde Problem

Ok, first off I'm horrible with cars, not one of my fortes.

I have a 98 Chrysler Concorde, here's the problem...

While I was driving it their was a squeaky noise coming from the front of the car, it lasted about 1 min, then it just turned off. It was easy to start the car back up, but the noise came back.

So I pulled it to the side of the road to check what was going on. When I popped the hood and started the car, the engine was shaking, the noise was back, and it turned off again.

Now I wasn't far from where I stay and I tried to drive it back there. When I started it up, the noise was back but died down after I started accelerating. Then after I got past two lights it started to get loud as hell, so I pulled into a parking lot. While I was turning the wheel was stiff as hell (no ***** jokes SD lol) and the car shut off.

I tried to start it up again, but it wouldn't turn on at all. So now I ask the car smart people here, what the **** is the problem?!

Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM

Squeaky noises COULD be from a belt that is slipping. That in turn could be the result of a seized accessory such as the power steering pump, alternator or air conditioner.

That being said, this is just all guesswork based on your description of a noise and stalling problems.

Since you are probably not capable of making the needed repairs even if long-distance diagnosis were possible, there's not a whole lot of point in continued guesswork.

Time to call a towtruck and to check the bank account.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 PM

Crap.

The cost is probably going to be outrageous.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 AM

your water pump is probably bad it is driven by timing chains and is inside the engine what usually happens is the bearings in the pump come out and go all through out the engine if this happend your best off replacing the engine unless you pull out the engine and thoroughly clean it and rebuild it which you probably will need a crankshaft and heads if you replace it with a reman you should get some kind of warranty if you have your local dealer replace it you will should get a warranty for parts and labor