General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 cirrus

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Default 99 cirrus

my wife come home the other day just as she was pulling in the drive way it died i went out to see what was wrong tried starting it, turned over and over but finally started. got up the next day it would just turn over would not start. I called local towing company he told me he could repair it so I agreed he dianostic as plugs wires and valve cover gaskets as oil was getting into spark plug tubes. I got the car back drove for 5 minutes it started running rough only at idle it would hesitate from a stop but drive at highway speeds fine. So I called him told him he said bring it back he said put a new throttle body gasket in so i drove to pick up the kids and sure enough it did it again so i called him back he said bring it back so i did he told me he tore it all apart put new plugs in it again checked everything put it back togethor again it ran worst so he took all back apart put it back togethor said it drove to a buddies house it still was doing it but not as bad for me to take it home he was going to get a used distrubuter for it try that. Now it running worse than ever engine light is now on i would like to go somewhere else but it cost me 450.00 for the plugs wires valve cover gasket.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 AM

1. Take it to a reputable repair facility and get it fixed right.
2. Get a report from the reputable facility as to what was wrong and what they had to do to fix it.
3. Go to small claims court and sue to get your $450 back plus anything the first guy screwed up that made the second repair worse.

Good luck.