General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Car has no accleration slow as a turdL

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Default Car has no accleration slow as a turdL

k so here it goes. 01 sebring 3.0 lxi. timing belt broke causing distruction to my old motor. I put in a new motor and am having new problems. it has no acceleration. could hardly even pull it up on ramps. heres things i have done. changed crank position sensor, redid the timing with new belt on the compression stroke tdc rotated 2 times double checked timing marks they are dead on, swapped idle air control, new fuel pump, new plugs, swapped out distributor from my motor back to the other distributor from the new engine back to mine, checked egr valve very springy and holds in place with finger over the hole, sprayed starting fluid with no vacuum leaks, fresh oil and filter and antifreeze, pulled converters off my old engine put them on which i know are good along with the upper and lower 02 sensors, charged battery. made sure lines are all in correct places. now how it runs....runs great at idle there is absolutely no ticks or knocks throughout rpm ranges. revs up with a little hesitation but once i get it over 1000 rpms its revs up just fine(this is only in park or neutral)...now i put it in drive its a slow turtle with no power. tranny is not slipping but am not ruling out transmission sensor or torque converter but they were working perfectly before the engine swap. it seems to me 1 i am either getting to much gas or 2 im getting not enough as i get a bogging sound from the engine trying to accelerate. again timing is on. the exhaust seems to be getting hot but my temp sensor shows normal operating temp. but i think that may have gone away with tinkering some more around with sensors but not absolutely sure as i havent kept it running long enough due to the way its running i wanna be able to work on it without burning myself. another symptom is my intake tube seems to be sucking more air than the old motor did. sounds like a cold air intake is on it. my injectors are working i can feel them pulsing. definately no code for misfire or anything. a compression check is a waste of time it runs great it park or neutral. im thinking things like computer egr valve not to par but seems okay? something fuel related but everything seems fine pressure there is good. maybe clogged injectors? tranny sensors? i have gone through everything 4 to 5 times wiring checks out okay. through out the process of changing things it has begun to run better and better but its just hesitating that little bit for initial take off that i pronounce it unsafe to even drive. it doesnt spit or sputter like a misfire no pops it boggs like air fuel or sensor related. any ideas could help at this moment. the computer may be the issue im unsure and lacking funds as i have put all my money into this thing and time for the past month or more for inspection and now couple weeks this engine crap. im 98% sure the valves are good the two percent says maybe just maybe one is not sealing right. thanks for your time ill keep updating as i move along with suggestions and ill also be the guy who posts solutions. btw i got one thats no sludged up also. little bit of carbon in the intake where the injectors sit but my old intake is ontop of that which i know is all good. sorry for not being short but you can tell i spent a lot of time going through all of this motor.