General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Chrysler 200...HELP?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Default Chrysler 200...HELP?!

I have a new 2014 Chrysler 200. Have had problems with it every since I got it. It has 19,000 miles on it. I just filled up last night and went 26 miles. The gas hand shows that it used 3 gallons of gas. Every time I take it to the dealership they claim nothing is wrong. Yet, where is all the gas going? Is the computer messed up causing it to read incorrectly? I'm really frustrated. It's been happening for almost a year. I have been trying to prove something is wrong. I just need help! Last friday when I came out from work, there was a big puddle underneath the car. I thought it was a gas leak so I had it towed into the dealership and guess what again, nothing wrong. What is going on with this car? I called corporate to try to report it as a lemon and they are scheduling a test drive. So frustrated!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Somebody PLEASE help!

Old 12-24-2014, 08:38 AM

"The gas hand shows that it used 3 gallons of gas."

I don't know what "the gas hand" is, but if you are referring to the gas gauge, it doesn't tell you that the car has used 3 gallons of gas. The only way to tell how much gas has been used is to fill the tank again to the same level. Be aware that if the ground at the gas station is not level, you may not be filling the tank fully.

"there was a big puddle underneath the car. I thought it was a gas leak" Well, was it actually a gas leak? Gasoline has a very distinctive smell and is highly flammable. There shouldn't be any "think" about it. It either was or wasn't. If it was gasoline, it would be very irresponsible to leave a "big puddle" of it laying on the ground. Most reputable tow truck drivers would take some action to either soak up spilled gasoline or call the fire department or both.
If your car was truly leaking gasoline you and everybody around would know it and it would be obvious to everybody at the dealership immediately. You are going to need to document this so-called problem much better than you have so far.