General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

distributor in 1997 sebring v6

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Default distributor in 1997 sebring v6

so i hear it a bitch. what all is involved here??

Old 10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Default RE: distributor in 1997 sebring v6

The best way is to remove the plenum, and the same time do the spark plug and wire set too. Be sure you timing is top dead center ( TDC). And mark the rotor so you can put it back in the same way.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 AM

Check out this link. It may help some!
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
moe

DISTRIBUTOR - 2.5L( heres is a play by play from chrysler.)moe if you need pics let me know!
REMOVAL
[*]Remove bolt holding air inlet resonator to intake manifold.[*]Loosen clamps holding air cleaner cover to air cleaner housing.[*]Remove PCV make-up air hose from air inlet tube.[*]Loosen hose clamp at throttle body.[*]Remove air inlet tube, resonator and air cleaner cover.[*]Remove EGR tube.[*]Remove spark plug cables from distributor cap.[*]Loosen distributor cap holddown screws and remove cap Distributor Cap Screws[*]Mark the rotor position and remove rotor. The mark indicates where to position the rotor when reinstalling the distributor.[*]Remove 2 harness connectors from distributor Distributor Electrical Connectors - Viewed From Rear of Distributor[*]Remove 2 sets of distributor holddown nuts and washers from studs.[*]Remove bolt and spark plug cable mounting bracket from top of distributor housing.[*]Remove bolt and transmission dipstick tube.[*]Carefully remove distributor from engine. [/ol]
INSTALLATION
[*]Install rotor on shaft.[*]Position distributor in engine. Make certain that O-ring is properly seated on distributor. If O-ring is cracked or nicked replace with a new one.[*]Carefully engage distributor drive with slotted end of camshaft. When the distributor is installed properly, the rotor will be in line with previously scribe line on air intake plenum. If engine was cranked while distributor was removed, establish proper relationship between the distributor shaft and Number 1 piston position as follows:
[*]Rotate the crankshaft until number one piston is at top of compression stroke.[*]Rotate rotor to number one rotor terminal.[*]Lower distributor into opening, engaging distributor drive with drive on camshaft. With distributor fully seated on engine, rotor should be under the number 1 terminal. [/ol][*]Install distributor holddown washers and nuts. Tighten nuts to 13 N·m (9 ft. lbs.)[*]Install spark plug cable bracket.[*]Install 2 harness connectors to distributor.[*]Install distributor cap.[*]Install spark plug cables onto distributor cap. The cap is numbered as well as the cables. Ensure sure all high tension wires are firmly in the cap towers.[*]Install transmission dispstick tube.[*]Install EGR tube to intake manifold. Tighten bolts to 11 N·m (95 in. lbs.) torque. [/ol]

Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 PM

I just got the distributor in and the car runs great thanks so much for all your help. I think i made out pretty good $50 for the car $117 for the distributor and an hour of my time and got a good looking/running 1997 sebring. thanks again

Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 AM

cant beat that price lol