General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do Chryslers come with a rear license plate holder?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Default Do Chryslers come with a rear license plate holder?

My Pacifica came with a plastic license plate holder on the front of the car. It has a solid backplate with slots to slide the license plate into. Inexpensive but simple and effective. The rear holder was an open frame with the dealer's name on it.

After buying a nice chrome holder to replace the one with the dealer's name, I wondered if that rear holder was installed on the assembly line by Chrysler as part of their arrangement with the dealer. Since they put a decent holder on the front, they must have put something on the rear. If Chrysler didn't put the cheap dealer frame there, what happened to the one they did put on?

If Chrysler put their own on and the dealer replaced it with one of their own, then the dealer owes me for the one I purchased. They did not ask my permission to remove equipment from my car and replace it with a marketing gimmick. Nor did they ask permission to put a dealer decal on the car, which I have also removed. Nor did they offer to pay me for all this advertising.

Overall, my experience with the dealer was satisfactory. But I'm assaulted with advertising everywhere I turn and I do not want to become party to that annoying practice. If Chrysler put the dealer frame on there, so be it. But if they didn't, then replacing the one they did put on is not acceptable.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:22 PM

The dealer put both of them on.
The factory only puts the holes in the bumper to either mount a plate holder, or you can mount the plate directly to the bumper using those holes.