General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to bypass the alarm system on 1996 Grand Voyager without the key fob so that I can start it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Default How to bypass the alarm system on 1996 Grand Voyager without the key fob so that I can start it.

Hi all!
Just to start off, I have a 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan. The current problem that I am having has to do with the fact that I have lost the remote keyless entry remote and cannot start the car due to the fact that the alarm is armed. The alarm is set when the doors are locked and is set off if you try to open a door after having unlocked it with the key rather than the remote. The key that I have is the actual Chrysler key that came with the car itself and I believe that the alarm was added by Chysler as an "after market" addon. I cannot start the car when either the alarm is going off or the alarm is off and I am inside the car. I called a Chrysler dealer in my area and asked them about the problem, but they did not know what was going on or how to fix it. The only useful information that I got out of them was how to turn off the alarm when it is going off - an method which involves turning the key in the driver's side door both directions, though this does not disarm the alarm itself.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had experience with this type of problem before or knows what is going on and can help me either disarm it or fix it so that the car starts.

Thank you for any help that you could give

-Andrew

P.S. I really like the forum -- it's really done quite well

Old 12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How to bypass the alarm system on 1996 Grand Voyager without the key fob so that I can start it.

buy and program a remote prob solved