General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Installing Fog Lights in a 2009 Convertible LX Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:15 PM
Default Installing Fog Lights in a 2009 Convertible LX Sebring

Hey guys, my bumper has the spot for fog lights, I'd have to cut a few pieces of plastic to make them fit, but the holes are there. I plan on going to a Pull-A-Part junkyard this weekend to look for better condition headlights, and a blower motor. If I can find fog lights I'm gonna grab them too. I'm sure the fogs are interchangeable with other Chryslers. My question is, does the factory harness of my 2.4 have the plug in spots for fogs even if it doesn't have them equipped? How would I wire them up to work to my controls? Also, I have a 10 piece suspension kit I'm installing this weekend, the car has 217k miles so the front end is worn out. I have a set of inner tie rods with boots, and outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, and ball joints. Does anybody have any tips? Anything I should check / replace while I'm in there? I've done front end work on a 2008 dodge avenger before, (CV axles, ball joints) so I'm familiar with the 2.4 and the platform my Sebring sits on. I got the Sebring for free, it was my sister's car when she turned 16, then my other sisters when she turned 16. I'm 23, they're 4 and 5 years younger than me. I just moved back to Tennessee from California and my parents told me if I pay to get it registered and insured I can have it. It has 217k miles, great condition honestly. Its a soft top, I wish it was a normal 4 door sedan or a hard top but beggars can't be choosers. Before driving it, since it had been sitting for almost 5 years I immediately changed the oil with premium Mobil 1 and premium filter, replaced coils with new oem, and replaced spark plugs with NGK Iridium, had to buy a battery so I got a bad *** Interstate, bought a set of Goodyear's ( 215/65/16's) and installed a Sceptre cold air intake I had hooked up to my 2008 Avenger before I sold it. I ran a can of Seafoam through the motor via oil fill-up, and a can through the gas tank. Since then I've upgraded the brake, tail, reverse, and tag lights with awesome LED's. My headlights are almost opaque, I'm either gonna find a good pair at the junkyard or order a new set of black SRT style headlight lamps off eBay, then I can finally upgrade my actual headlight bulbs. The Sebring runs like an absolute champion. Shifts 10/10. It's great, except for my front end and the horrible pull to the right. Once I replace these parts and get it aligned it should be almost back to brand new driving condition/handling. I'm doing everything my self, I'm probably going to have to rent a inner tie rod remover and ball joint press from Advance Auto. Anybody have any suggestions I can buy to make my 2.4 more efficient? The intake helped so much, 5+7 mpg and it definitely increased the HP. When I run 93, the car is actually almost kinda fast at 5k-6500k rpms. Hahahha Oh yeah, one more question.. should I get constant amber LED's for my DRL's / front turn signals or switchbacks? They are 6000k White until you turn on the turn signals then they change to amber. I can post pictures of the headlight lamps and grill I'm planning to get as well.

There she is.