General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Moving Files in Folders on Uconnect HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Default Moving Files in Folders on Uconnect HD

Just bought a 2014 200 convertible :-) VERY pleased with it thus far!

Love the HD in the uconnect system and am in the process of loading it up with my music. One question that I do have is this:

Once music files are loaded onto the hd in folders, is there anyway to move the files into other folders? I haven't been able to find a way (and presuming there's not a way), but it sure would be helpful if someone's found a way to do that.

It really becomes an issue when I add one or two songs from a memory stick. When loading it puts the 1 or 2 songs int a folder of their own, calling it "USB" or similar. OK, so now I have an entire folder with only one tune in it???

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 08-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Hello wayneyada and congratulations on your purchase! First thing first, do you have a Uconnect owner's manual? They are very useful.
If not, you may call us now and we can provide you a free manual as the vehicle is brand new and you're the original owner. 1-800-992-1997.
Second off, the Uconnect systems will automatically store files into a folder per insertion of the USB stick. You'd need to rename the folder every time you insert the stick. As for file management, you'd need to refer to your uconnect manual as every different uconnect system has different steps.
We have uconnect case management in my building, and I'll inquire on it with them tomorrow as they are not in on weekends.
You can also call in at any time, and we can assist you further over the phone. Again, by contacting the number I provided above.
Thanks!
Kyle
~Chrysler Customer Assistance

Old 09-02-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by KyleCAC
Hello wayneyada and congratulations on your purchase! First thing first, do you have a Uconnect owner's manual? They are very useful.
If not, you may call us now and we can provide you a free manual as the vehicle is brand new and you're the original owner. 1-800-992-1997.
Second off, the Uconnect systems will automatically store files into a folder per insertion of the USB stick. You'd need to rename the folder every time you insert the stick. As for file management, you'd need to refer to your uconnect manual as every different uconnect system has different steps.
We have uconnect case management in my building, and I'll inquire on it with them tomorrow as they are not in on weekends.
You can also call in at any time, and we can assist you further over the phone. Again, by contacting the number I provided above.
Thanks!
Kyle
~Chrysler Customer Assistance

Appreciate your response. Yes, I did get the user manual but it does not say anything about moving files from folder to folder - just renaming them as you mentioned. Pretty sure moving them is NOT an option - though it would be REALLY handy! Sometimes I only have a very few songs to add - and the way it is now, they will all be in a folder of their own - even if they're all different genres or otherwise totally unrelated to each other.

Although the HD was not a feature that encouraged me to actually purchase my new 200 convertible, I certainly do REALLY like this feature and it definitely WILL be on my want lists for future vehicles.

Thanks again.