General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

MyGiG RER hard drive swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Default MyGiG RER hard drive swap

Hi,

I have a 2008 Town & Country with the RER radio. The hard drive failed, so I pulled the drive and connected it to my linux pc with an ATA-to-usb cable. I can see the qnx partitions, but the drive definitely has a "click of death" and will not allow me to copy more than a few gigs of data before it dies. When that happens, I have to start over, anbd it inevitably dies again after a few minutes. So, the drive is just plain hosed.

I REALLY do not want to replace the entire RER for $1700, since the only issue is this $50 hard drive. Do any of you have an image of your hard drive that could send me? I know I'm not the first person to clone an RER drive... my problem is that I have nothing to clone!

Could somebody please help me out???

Thanks,
Tim

Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM

Nothing?? Nobody??

I used ddrescue to recover as much of the failed hdd as possible, and wrote that data to the replacement hdd... but it's still a no-go. I just need an image of a working hdd from an RER MyGIG!

Anybody? Anybody?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Default I have an image

Today . . I just happened to set up a download site for the RER disk image. I started uploading the image file to the web host about 30 minutes ago. Its $30 for the Clonezilla image to cover high-capacity hosting costs and effort.

The web page is 1 hour old and the Image Restore instructions aren't there yet.

MyGig RER Hard Drive Replacement - Do it yourself

Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by swbca
Today . . I just happened to set up a download site for the RER disk image. I started uploading the image file to the web host about 30 minutes ago. Its $30 for the Clonezilla image to cover high-capacity hosting costs and effort.

I definitely appreciate that. Unfortunately for me, I just purchased a used RER hdd on ebay for $250. I posted in multiple forums, waited a long time, heard nothing, and figured it was hopeless.

The first thing I did when I got the new drive was create a backup image for safekeeping :-)

Old 10-19-2017, 04:31 AM

Hello, I am new to this forum

I have the same problem with my hardrive and I can`t fix it.
I am from Romania, and there are not so many Chryslers here.

Had somebody managed to get a working image for Mygig REZ ?

Thank you verry much !

Stefan

Old 11-06-2017, 01:06 PM

can you please contact me, I need your help please.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by jtocwru
I definitely appreciate that. Unfortunately for me, I just purchased a used RER hdd on ebay for $250. I posted in multiple forums, waited a long time, heard nothing, and figured it was hopeless.

The first thing I did when I got the new drive was create a backup image for safekeeping :-)
Hi please contact me i'm need your img assap. Please please contact me. Regards!

Old 07-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Default Please contact me

Originally Posted by jtocwru

Hi please contact me i'm need your img assap. Please please contact me. Regards!

Old 07-23-2022, 06:13 AM
Default Please contact me

Please contact me i'm need You imagen file. jesuspanist@gmail.com

Regards

Old 07-24-2022, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jesusgardel

You might be in luck. I sold that van years ago, but I still have the hard drive that I purchased as a spare!

Quick Reply: MyGiG RER hard drive swap