General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Advice After My Headlight Fogged

Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Default Need Advice After My Headlight Fogged

Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country, of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? Thanks in advance.

Chrysler Town & Country Headlight > AutoLightCenter.com
or
Headlamp Combination Assembly - 2000 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY - lh Town & Country without quad lamp

Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Ebay I use them

Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 AM

For sure, check the prices on eBay first.
By your description of "foggy", I am assuming you are referring to moisture inside the lens of the headlight. Those headlight restoration kits will do nothing for a cracked headlight. They are intended for dullness and contamination on the outside of the lens and can help a little for that, but will not fix a crack that allows moisture to enter.