General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

no reverse and backfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
ace
Default RE: no reverse and backfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before getting a complete rebuild check to see if a reman is available sometimes its cheaper and a warranty is a great thing to have.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:11 PM

well im trying another route at the moment.....
i took the car to a local chrysler dealer for afull service,( my emissions were high (did have error code for faulty o2 sensor)), i only had an engineers report from them (which listed the parts that were changed and parts that will need sorting out soon), i had no service sheet which tells me all the things that they have checked (i have loads from previous owners),inc engine, electrics, air con, steering and suspension, braking system, chassis and tranmission.
i have got nothing to say that the fluidlevel was checked by them and also my serpentine belt before i brought the cartwo anda half years ago was split down the middle, and it split again about 3months after the service, the problem being the tensioner(when the belt wasnt on it it was in line with all the other pulleys, but, as soon as the belt was on, the tensioner and belt where out of alignment by about 7mm this was missed by chrysler too..
i have changed the tensioner (fun job) and its all in line now (still got the old one though).....
so i am going to try to get chrysler to sort it out for free or i will be taking them to court
any views???
peter

Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 PM

I would try to approach the Service Manager of the Dealership that did the work for you to settle things if possible withoutgoing to court.Going tocourt can be very expensive.Just make sure when you approach the Service Manager that you have as much documentation as you can get, to show that there was fault or neglect on their part.Do not give them the original documentations of any of the paper work that you have. Always give them copies. Type out a detailed letter of all of your claims. Be sure to include your intentions in this letter (which is stated below) before you see the Service Manager, just in casehe or sheis not willing to support your claims. You can then present a copy of that letter to them, and see what happens. If you are lucky, they will support you.If they decide not to support your claims,then your intentions as written in the letter would beto provideyour local TV station's, as well as the Better Business Bureau and Chamber Of Commercewithcopies of the letter that you presented to them. Most TV stations have adepartment where you can report problemsto, and they will do an investigation. This sometimes helps. Most companies don't like this type of publicity. If this does not help, then perhaps the Court would be your last resort. This would be my approach, anyway! Good luck!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 AM

went to see the service manageron saturday, all he was prepaired to do was pull the job card to see if it was there fault or not, got a call from him today stating that chrysler do not check the transmission on theannual service i had(special offer £199.99), he said he asked the area manager if they check the transmission and the area manager said "no", he said thatthere was nothing on the job card about the transmission at all.
i live in the uk is this the same in usa???
it would take them 2 seconds to pull the dip stick to check it and write it down that fluid level is ok.
i am going to write to the general manager at my local branch and also to head office in uk.
i will keep you posted
peter

Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
moe

hey pete you still having trans problems?get back to me i work on chrysler trans maybe can help,sounds like the trans need to be torn down for diag.let me know moe!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM

yeah, i still got problems with transmission [:@]

Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 PM

Present both of them with the letter I told you about. See what happens. When things are in writing, people pay more attention! I know I do! "Good luck".

Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

i have posted of letters, anyway i'm not holding my breath as i have talked the trading standards about my problem and it seems that garages in the uk have a licence to print money!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
moe

hey tony,heres my thoughts on the trans.(if you have a 4 speed trans)if you have no reverse at all ive seen this once before but if you look at # 51 (if i post it right)on this breakdown of your drive gears its a plantery carrier ive seen where the center weld broke free.every thing else works fine and you still wont have a check engine light on .another possibilty would be the torque converter is locking up ,but ive never seen this happen with reverse only.let me know ....moe

Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 PM
moe

sorry pete i called you tony!!!

Quick Reply: no reverse and backfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!