General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

no reverse and backfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Default RE: no reverse and backfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, no problem.
that makes sence to me, it was strange to just go without any notice, i did think it was a blockage, i have had a friend look at it, he says he can hear it engage then come out!!, he was going to take it off and strip and clean the tranny, but, then found out it will need recalibrating (training), i have also read the manual and it also says if the valve body is changed/reconditioned then it also needs recalibrating, i have removed and cleaned the valve body and the car seems to drive the same, will it need recalibrating or will it only need recalibrating if there is a problem (ie. not smooth upshifting/downshifting etc...) after parts are changed.
can it only be put into training mode with a scan tool??
peter

Old 10-13-2007, 06:28 PM

http://img.betchuk.com/thumbnails.ph...=10&page=5

what picture number has the part #51 in?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 PM

omg, i should have checked the low/reverse accumulator piston and springs when i removed the valve body,
this guy had lost reverse, he had no friction material left on his reverse clutch pack and one of his accumulater spring was broken.
http://img.betchuk.com/displayimage....=12&pos=14
http://img.betchuk.com/displayimage....=12&pos=35
tomorrow i'm gonna remove the valve body again and check the low/reverse accumulater piston and springs, well i've got nothing to lose (damm, i should have checked it before, lol), if i have got a broken spring then i hope i've still got friction material left on my reverse clutch pack,lol. or its gotta come off
any way i will keep you posted
peter

Old 10-13-2007, 07:41 PM
moe

cool pete, what your talking about is called quick learning the trans ,thats after you rebuild the trans you need to reset the clutch volumes.if you drop the pan look for metal in the pan. i wouldn't touch the valve body.just drop it down make sure the lever is in the park position before you drop the v body will make it alot easier.other wise the rod will hang up when you drop it.talk to you later.moe