General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

oil in coolant

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Default oil in coolant

Hi everyone, i got a 2000 voyager 2.5 td just wondering if anyone has had this prob before, i have got engine oil pumping out of my coolant overflow pipe well not exactly pumping but when engine is running has oil does run from coolant overflow pipe, the header tank is full of black oil, now i dont think its head gasket as engine seems to run fine with no overheating probs at all there is no evidence of sludge in in the oil or rocker cover, i was thinking it may be the oil cooler has sprung a leak between coolant and oil ways, has anyone had this before?
thanks in advance

Old 11-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Default oil in water

Update i'm 99% sure its not head gasket as there is no oil feed to the rockers through the head oil feed is external, unless block is cracked internally?

Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Default thanks for nowt

Just wanna thank you so called experts for the lack of info on this probelem, but just so you know in future if this problem should arise that it was the oil cooler

thanks again for nothing

Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Thanks for reporting back. You did a good job in figuring out your problem.
Most of the "experts" on this forum are on the western side of the Atlantic. Chrysler does not sell diesel minivans over here. Your question was "has anyone had this before?" You got your answer.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Default Appologies

Hi fellas didnt realise you chaps dont have diesels, perhaps i expected too much as I have used ford probe forums and mitsubishi 3000gt forums before and got instant answers so appologies for my sarcasm

Old 11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Default can you read?

If you read previous emails you will see that i have discovered what it was, and as for taking it to a repairer then your not quite on the ball are you mate these forums are supposed to help the average and more experienced diyer fix their problems cheaply, i would rather chop my head off with a rusty saw than take my car to a conning dealer whos gonna charge an absolute fortune to fix it probably more than the cars worth so wake up mate join the real world!!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:55 PM

hi mate i had the same problem with my 2008 sebring was scared it was head but seems that the oil cooler is prone to go on them was sorted under warranty for me .

Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by turpy
I have used ford probe forums and mitsubishi 3000gt forums
LOL....can you not get GOOD cars in the UK??

Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Default oil

hi
just joined read your problem have you checked that it is not gearbox oil as it has pipes that lead to small coolant tank on passenger side of rad the pipes fracture inside contaminating the coolant
hope this helps

Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Default oil in coolant

I have same problem.And same what was yours,no over heat and seems run just fine. I got second hand oil cooler and will hope that it helps me to. I have same car chrysler voyager 2000y 2.5 TD. And i am from scotland. Let me know ,how is u car now ,,is still cooling clean - no oil trace ? Will change mine cooler tomorrow.

Quick Reply: oil in coolant