General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Plymoth neon issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Default Plymoth neon issues

Hi
I was told by a friend to give these forums a try to help us with this car. We bought a 2000 plymoth neon and its been a major headache since we bought it and we can't get any help out of the dealer (surprise surprise) First issue is a major one, the engine in the morning will knock for a bit then go away, we have been told its the rods, its done this since we've had it, the sinroof in the car has'nt opened for like a month after we got it, we also bought this car new. We just don't know what to do or who to goto, like I mentioned we have tried many times to contact the dealership but they just basically tell us sorry about your luck, thanks for any advice.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:00 AM
ace
Default RE: Plymoth neon issues

well first let me appologize for the bad dealerships out their our service dept has a great rep and the parts dept even better sales well i have to back off becouse they say if ya cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.
well back to your questions
as far as the sunroof its either the motor problem the switch or the entire sunroof module that needs replacing you can test the switch by jumping power to the motor if it works then the switch is bad if the motor works but the sunroof still does not open then the module is bad 2000 is the first year they had it as a module and not side rails and cable tough luck thier it a bit pricy 750.oo module/ 170.00 motor/31.00 switch
as far as the rod knock is it a single thump or more like a few minutes of knocking hten it goes away i dont see any tech tips on this problem but i can ask at work.
good luck though they are not bad cars really

Old 07-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Default RE: Plymoth neon issues

Thanks for the reply, what happens on the sunroof is it will go up then stop and you can hear it just trying to roll back but it wont but we never mess with it now cause were afraid it wont go back down, its just unnerving cause all these things were going on shortly after it was bought and being the first new car we ever bought its left a sour taste about doing it again. As for the knocking it will go on for a bit with the knocking then stop, it varies but a few seconds usually. Don't suppose you know if their was any issues with that years engines? Thanks