General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

poppin my wires

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Default poppin my wires

i was headed out of town this weekend to my girlfriends uncles lake and my check engine light started flashing. the last time i went up there it came on and i went to work and scanned it and it came up as my emissions O2 sensor so i thought it was the same problem thinkin nothing of it. well when we pulled down the drive i took it out of cruise and felt a very rough idle so i stopped, popped the hood, and seen the problem. on the front side of the engine the passenger side plug wire had popped off and came loose. the wire had an oil gas mixture all over it but the plug seemed fine. i then pulled the plug and the threads seemed fine. the threads in the head were too deep to check but when i screwed it back in everything seemed cool. so i put the wire back on, drove another half mile to the cottage, and checked it again to find it popped off again. any ideas on what my next step should be would be appreciated. i had thought of a helicoil but if i tap out the head threads the shavings would fall in the cyl. so i am kind of stuck ponderin. thanks