General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power door mirrors, PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Default Power door mirrors, PLEASE HELP!

I have a 1999 Chrysler LHS and recently I'm assuming over night someone hit the passenger side mirror and destroyed it, so I went to find a new one, my LHS is power mirrored with memory, the one I purchased (off ebay) had a different connection, it had power but not memory, I was in real need in getting it fixed asap so I spliced some wires and actually got it to work, with the exception of the memory ofcourse, but what I noticed is that the mirror would easily move right, left and down but up was difficult, so i played for a lil more to see if I can do the trick. Then I noticed a faint burn plastic smell and now the mirror doesn't work at all, not even the driver side works now... I checked the fuse and they all seem fine, and when I click on Memory the car seats moves to it's set position and even the driver side mirror moves as well, but not with the control, and the passenger just doesn't work period with memory, but with the sole control, neither mirror works with it, anyone has any idea what I may have done? Is it an easy fix? I'm worried because I noticed a smell, but it could be nothing, I don't know, HELP!!