General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Recall P57 / Ignition Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Question Recall P57 / Ignition Switch

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to your group. I was wondering if anyone here knew the technical details of P57 as it relates to the wireless control module (WCM). I recently had P57 performed on my vehicle and when it was returned the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) wasn't working. After several back and fourths with the dealership, they said the new WCM operated on a different frequency than the original and that it was no longer compatible with third party tire pressure sensors, so my sensors would need to be replaced at a total cost of $460. ($115 per OEM sensor, for parts and labor)

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone know if the specs on the replacement WCM were changed to operate on a different frequency than the original WCM?

2) Has anyone else had issues with their TPMS after having recall P57 performed, and were you using third party tire pressure sensors?

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any input.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:23 AM

Hi Bill32179,
I looked up the detailed information on this recall and I've pasted some relevant information for you below. Let me know if you have any additional questions that I might be able to answer for you.

Parts Information:
SPECIAL NOTE: The original “Valet Key” must be transferred from the original FOBIK to the new FOBIK.
NOTE: All of the WIN Module Packages listed below come with two new preprogrammed FOBIK’s.
CAUTION: If the vehicle is equipped with aftermarket equipment/upfits (such as a Mopar Aftermarket Remote Start kit - sales code XBM, etc.) the sales code will be identified in VIP under “Dealer Installed Equipment”. For these vehicles the WIN part number selected must include that sales code as one of the supported sales codes or the installed WIN will NOT provide the aftermarket functionality. Verify the correct WIN usage before installation.

Service Procedure:
From the wiTECH list, read and record the tire pressure sensor identification number for each tire location.
CAUTION: The tire pressure sensor identification number for each tire location will be installed into the new WIN module. The new WIN module does not have the tire pressure sensor identification numbers programmed into the new WIN module. They must be installed manually using the wiTECH scan tool.
NOTE: Use the information below to assist in installing the correct tire pressure sensor identification number to the correct tire location:
 Tire 1 = Left Front Tire
 Tire 2 = Right Front Tire
 Tire 3 = Right Rear Tire
 Tire 4 = Left Rear Tire
 Tire 5 = Spare Tire