General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seriously...I could use some help...94 LHS Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Ben
Default Seriously...I could use some help...94 LHS Transmission

Long long story short.....
March 2005, car goes into limp mode. Go to the dealer here in Guam. Spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars and got a run around. First tech says....you need a transmission rebuild. $2500.00. Second opinion...no, you need some computer sensors changed....$400.00. Sensors changed....runs good for a few months. September 2005...limp mode again...back to the dealer...the service manager is a joke...got nowhere but the "shine-on."
I was told you need the transmission rebuilt. Why then, pray tell me, does it only go into limp mode when it's hot!? If it was the tranny....it would act up all the time in all gears, hot or cold. When it goes into limp mode, I shift into "N" and restart the engine and it's fine for a few minutes....then back into limp mode. New tech at the dealer says....you need the internal computer module...we have to drop the tranny pay for access and swap it out. $600.00 I paid. Problem is gone until A few months ago. Warranty expired and it needs another internal module....and tranny rebuild.
So...I test drive another LHS for 4 days....it does not go into limp mode, shifts fine, etc. 4 days I test it out. I buy the car, take out the tranny and put in in my car....7 hours later..it's done and I'm out for a test drive! Am I fit to be tied!!! It goes into limp mode!!! New tech says..replace the control module under the air cleaner box! It controls the engine and tranny!
Opinions? I am lost at what to do to fix the problem! And the dealership folks.....only one Chrysler dealership on Guam and service sucks big time. Spend money and get nowhere but a run around.