General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Unknown Fluid Leak

Old 07-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Default Unknown Fluid Leak

Hello all-

I drive a 1998 Sebring JXi convertible V6 2.5L and I have had to replace a few things on it so far, but there is something that disconcerts me about it right now: It is leaking some sort of fluid and for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. I know it is not coolant, nor is it transmission fluid. It looks and feels like engine oil, but it doesn't smell like anything. The color is that of new oil, so it's not black. I thought, maybe power steering fluid or brake fluid, but none of my levels are dropping and it smells like nothing. I place a large piece of cardboard under it every night hoping for some sort of consistency with where it is dripping, but no such luck. It comes from various locations at the front. Never the center of the front, it is always to one of the sides, the most common is the passenger side. My car isn't acting weird, my steering is as it always is, the brakes work (a little squeaky in the morning after it's been sitting for a while). What could it be? I am making myself ill over this. My brother told me it's a real noodle scratcher (he's far away and can't look at it himself). If my levels would go down then I could figure it out, but they are not doing that.

I rambled, just trying to get all the information in there. I posted on another forum somewhere else and got no help whatsoever.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

your going to get no help and any forum for a fluid leak for simple factors
one no one online can see what it looks like
two no one online can see where it is leaking from

I would suggest u take it to a shop and have them look at it.