K-Cars Talk about the infamous K-Cars within.

New Owner Needs Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Default New Owner Needs Some Help

First Good Afternoon!!

Ok I got my wife a 1992 Lebaron Convertable 3.0. It has 28K miles on it. It DOES have it's issues. It has been sitting for 3yrs so I had the throttle body replaced and new filters installed as well as the oil changed.

A few other quirks, one major, is the parking lights don't come on when I hit the parking light switch (mounted on the bezel). They will eventually come on whenever they want. I have looked all over locally and no one has a replacement. The brake/headlights/dome lights do work as do the turn signals. I heard there was a way to jump this to make it work but could use some "leymans" terms on how to do that.

It HAD a bad switch in the right rear window that would not let it come back up, but I fixed that by cleaning the inside of the switch.

Now the last issue that I can't find ANYWHERE on the internet is the Blaupunkt Malibu CR-42 that is installed. It's asking for a code that I cannot find anywhere in the original documentation.

Is there ANYONE that can give me a few ideas on this? Also the air vents like to switch from floor to panel every now and then. Not a major problem, just an annoyance.

Shea

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Red face cheap-limo-services

A few other eccentricities, one significant, is the vehicle parking lighting don't come on when I hit the vehicle parking mild change (mounted on the bezel). They will gradually come on whenever they want. I have seemed all over regionally and no one has a alternative. The brake/headlights/dome lighting do perform as do the convert alerts. I observed there was a way to leap this to realize success but could use some "leymans" conditions on how to do that.