New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2007 chrysler sebring won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Default 2007 chrysler sebring won't start

HI. I'm new to this so I'm just gonna put eveything I know so far about the problems I'm having with my car. I have a 2007 chrysler sebring and it has not started since may. The it started giving me problems I tried to start the engine, it turned over and then cut out. I tried to start it a couple more times and it kept on cutting off. I tried jumping the battery and there was no response when I tried to engage the starter. I figured it wasnt the battery cause all my lights and my radio still worked. Then after that I tried to start it again and it wouldnt even turn over and cut off like it was doing before. I would turn the key and nothing would happen, just a bunch of icons would show up on the dash. A coulpe weeks after that I tested the solinoid/starter and it turned over so I know it is not the starter that is causing it not to start. I then had it towed to a shop to have them run the diagnostic meter on it and they told me that it is a security issue. So I gathered some information and I found out that there is a part called the (BCM) body control intergrated module that is known to mess up. I know the bcm controls the security system and that can be the casue of the car is not starting. What I need to know is how do I install bcm. Please help me!!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

the bcm is not the security system u want to mess with it would be the SKIM system is there a RED dot on the dash or a yellow key symbol lighting up?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Default 2007 Chrysler Sebring won't turn over

I am having a similar issue with my aunt's car. She says it want to start but just doesn't turn over. Are there any updates as to what it may be?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Welcome to the forum. Rather than waking up a thread that's almost three years old, go to the Sebring forum here (if your car is a Sebring) and start a new thread. When you do, be specific. Tell us what kind of car, what year and model, and which engine you have. Describe the problem clearly. "Won't turn over" could mean it won't crank or it could mean it cranks but won't start. What exactly does it do when you turn the key? Did something happen to set off the problem? What have you done to try to solve the problem? What is your level of expertise?
Beg, buy, borrow or steal a code reader and get the codes out of the computer. If a car has problems, most of the time there will be fault codes stored in the computer.
There are something like 50,000 parts in a car and hundreds of them are involved in starting it. "My car won't start, what could it be?" is just asking people here to make worthless guesses as to what the problem is. With information from the computer, a clear description of the problem and its history, there's a chance somebody here might be able to offer some help.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

I second that notion

Old 11-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Default 2007 Chrysler sebring won't crank battery and starter good. Has red dot on dash

I need help with this I am in Houston for work and have to leave and all of a sudden my car wouldn't crank over.. afterwards no click no nothing. But I did notice that red dot you mentioned.please help!

Old 11-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

dealer or trained tech at a shop with a good scanner only way around it
its not called an alarm system for nothing