New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Default 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Questions

I just purchased a used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring with the Navigation, VES, swivel and go seats, table, 2 dvd screens, etc. I have a few quick questions:
1. Is it possible to upgrade the internal hard drive? Right now it says the capacity is between 16-17gb.

2. How do you play two different dvd's on each of the two respective dvd screens in the back? I have tried a few things and I see both places to insert dvd's. I just can't seem to get it to play two different dvd's - one on each screen.

3. I have seen that some people have a remote control for the dvd system. Is it possible to get one if it didn't come with the vehicle? Is it possible to get more sets of wireless headphones? Right now I have 2 sets.

4. I have Uconnect through the mirror. Is it possible to add onstar functionality? Would I have to get a new mirror?

Thank you in advance for your help. I have done some research on each of these questions and have yet to find definitive answers. Please excuse my ignorance. Hopefully I can help others with questions in the future as well!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 AM

Thanks for all the input! What a great forum!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by pdilly1980
I just purchased a used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring with the Navigation, VES, swivel and go seats, table, 2 dvd screens, etc. I have a few quick questions:
1. Is it possible to upgrade the internal hard drive? Right now it says the capacity is between 16-17gb.

2. How do you play two different dvd's on each of the two respective dvd screens in the back? I have tried a few things and I see both places to insert dvd's. I just can't seem to get it to play two different dvd's - one on each screen.

3. I have seen that some people have a remote control for the dvd system. Is it possible to get one if it didn't come with the vehicle? Is it possible to get more sets of wireless headphones? Right now I have 2 sets.

4. I have Uconnect through the mirror. Is it possible to add onstar functionality? Would I have to get a new mirror?

Thank you in advance for your help. I have done some research on each of these questions and have yet to find definitive answers. Please excuse my ignorance. Hopefully I can help others with questions in the future as well!
1. no because it is built into the radio
2. ?
3. your van came with the remote and 2 headsets from the factory, you can add more headsets to it. I would contact the dealer you bought it from to get these items.
4. onstar is a GM option, you can purchase it thru an aftermarket vendor but it's really not worth it.