Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2019 Ram 1500 Limited - Will not move in Drive (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2019-ram-1500-limited-will-not-move-drive-30166/)

insul97 10-16-2019 04:36 PM

Well, no luck.

Originally Posted by insul97 (Post 112210)
2019 Ram 1500 Sport. Menzies Chrysler, Canada.
I have the same issue as Jaketerk. His video is spot on as to what happens. First time it happened was on the 3rd day of having it maybe had 200km on it. Most recently was Friday October 11th,2019. Stopped for gas and attempted several times switching from park to drive and back and forth starting over from shutting it off until it finally caught the gear hard throwing me into the steering wheel. It felt as if I had been rear ended. It was so hard I had to get out to make sure. Also to look under the truck to see if I broke something. Went straight to dealer and they said they have heard of this issue and its a software issue. They said there are updates they can do. It's going in tomorrow afternoon October 16th, 2019 so let's see what happens and if they actually resolve the problem. Wish me luck.

• Well no luck. They could not duplicate and there is no current update to resolve this issue. There is another thread on 5thgenrams Forum discussing the same issue. It was brought up that possibility the front park assist could be a issue preventing it to go into drive. ( yes my Ram sport has the front/rear park assist) for now I guess I'm like everyone else waiting for a resolution or an accident to happen. I hope they fix this. Otherwise this is my first and last Ram. Currently only 3200km or approx. 2000miles. Very disappointed in my Ram so far.

Srtman 01-14-2020 03:05 PM

So did you eventually end up getting your issues resolved? I'm just curious because I'm thinking of purchasing a new 2020 Ram 1500. If not then I would try to attempt to take it to another dealership and see what they have to say

CHRYSLER TECH 01-14-2020 05:59 PM

I see a TSB for software update for a whole list of issues with the trans. The software came out in June of 2019

Basel Chihabi 08-06-2020 12:13 PM

A solution I've found

Hello folks!
I drive a 2012 Camaro 1LT but my sister in law has a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport (5.7 V8)

We found that it may be a sort of transmission lock (our best guess)
Solution:
Go to Reverse Gear
Inch back just an inch in reverse (don't need to move much)
Go to Drive Gear
Car Moves!

I hope this helps the RAM community as well as Fiat Chrysler
The best of luck to all

nati222 08-23-2020 12:58 PM

Same issue!!

Irishwake 02-12-2021 10:51 AM

I bought a new 2014 Ram with the 8 speed. Ever since I've owned it the vehicle has randomly not gone into gear.
Numerous trips to the dealer have never corrected the problem.
My only solution when it happens is to raise the hood and disconnect the battery then re-connect it.
The problem may re-occur the next week or not happen again for months. But I'm always aware that it could happen at any time.
Because of this my wife refuses to take the truck if I'm not with her.
Well after no issues for 6 months it happened again today....naturally the temperature is 15°.
I'm done with this problem and will be looking for a new truck. I joined this site to be certain Dodge had solved this problem.
Apparently not.
While I like everything else about my Ram and would consider a new one this issue is a deal breaker.
Sorry Ram....I'm heading out this weekend to find another truck but it will be a Silverado or F-150