New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Minivan - DO NOT BUY

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 12:45 PM
Angry Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Minivan - DO NOT BUY

Frustrated enough after 4 years of ownership to write this post. Keeping it to just the facts. Hope this helps future potential Chrysler customers with their decision making.

1. Purchased 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Minivan with MOPAR 7 yr/100K warranty

2. First major issue (hybrid battery replacement) in 2019. Car in shop for 6 weeks

3. Spoke with Chrysler case manager who approved reimburse rental at $35/day for duration of fix. When I submitted receipts, I was stuck with one week of expenses because there is no record of this agreement

4. Second major issue (PIM replacement) in 2022. Car in shop for 8 weeks

5. Learned my lesson from 2019. Called repeatedly to confirm Chrysler will reimburse rental for entire duration. Confirmed over phone that this was documented in their system. Followed up with email. Got confirmation via email (see screenshot) that there is nothing to worry about

6. When I submitted receipts, I was stuck with 4 weeks of expenses. Called in and was told that there is no record, again. Except there is this time, I replied. After some research, I was then told that the case managers who I spoke to were mistaken, and they apologize for the mistake, but they are not giving me any additional reimbursement

I am okay with cars needing repairs. I am NOT OKAY with Chrysler's inept/deceptive (not sure which it is, you pick) practices when a major repair leaves customers without their main method of transportation.

For those who may be curious ... MOPAR warranty's rental clause covers only 5 days of rental reimbursements at $35/day. Any additional rental expenses need to be negotiated with Chrysler. Both of my repairs were considered manufacturer's defects so that's why they covered a percentage of the rental days. I could only imagine how a scenario would play out if a repair is covered by MOPAR only...