New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Chrysler voyager 2.5 crd hard starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Default Chrysler voyager 2.5 crd hard starting

I bought this voyager as a non runner someone had fitted the wrong battery so I thought this was a easy fix. New battery fitted still didn't start on key a quick bump and away it went drove it 200 miles at over 80 mph no problem but I did notice it was taking time to start even with a warm engine so changed fuel filter and it started great for a couple of days then back to not starting in the morning and taking its time to start when warm changed the filter again and noticed excess crap in filter changed fuel fitter again after 200 mile same again so I've added wynns fuel biocide and then bump started car on old fuel filter and drove car for about 60 miles have changed filter again so I'm hoping this is a cure will find out in morning I've all so fitted new bosh glow plugs but this made no difference has any body else had this problem. Every time I changed the filter the bowel was full of crap but after using additive bowl is now cleanAny help would be great
Thanks
Mike

Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Default Voyager 2.5 crd hard starting

Hi All update after adding biocide to the fuel tank
The bowl is now clean but I still have the problem the car will not start without constant cranking but once started its fine but I have noticed its slow to start when warm when this happens I know it will not start the next morning I've all so noticed when I change the filter the car has a lot more power in lower gears when I removed the first fuel filter it looked like it was trying to explode has anybody had a problem with high fuel pressure
Any advice would be great
Thanks
Mike

Old 11-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Default Voyager 2.5 crd hard starting

Hi All This dreaded voyager with fault code 1130 I've had problems with alge in fuel tank this is now cured thanks to wynns biocide and 2 fuel filters but the car was still hard to start in the morning with cranking the engine for about 30/45 seconds and even when warm it could take up to 7/10 seconds but every time I changed the fiter the cranking time improved until the next day well today I replaced the leak off pipe the 1 coming from injector 1 to the fuel pump so as not to damage the T piece I cut the pipe with a Stanley knife and all so removed alternator to get to the pump the pipe had signs of wear as it had been rubbing against the alternator bracket any way this took about 30 mins to do and the car seems spot on the starting has improved and I mean a flick of the key and it's away as well as the flat spot has now gone between 1st & 2nd gear. The leak off pipe cost £1.50 for a meter of it so if anyone is having these hard starting problems and surging at low speeds check this pipe I'm not saying this is the cure but it's definitely a move in the right direction if the car starts for the next 2 mornings it's cured and I will keep you posted

Old 11-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Talking Chrysler voyager hard starting

Just been back out to the car and hey presto I turned the key before the glow plug went out and it started on the first flick of the key

Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Oil rag
Just been back out to the car and hey presto I turned the key before the glow plug went out and it started on the first flick of the key
Update Car now sorted stars fist flick of the key