New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi everyone! NEWBIE HERE! lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Post Hi everyone! NEWBIE HERE! lol

Well where do I begin,

I have just purchased a T reg Chrysler Voyager, not without it's little quirks or issues.

Mainly it wont start when cold! Have read through the forum to try to find an answer or a solution to this.

Its a 2.5 turbo diesel SE, the previous owner has been starting the engine for the past god knows how long by spraying easy start into the air intake,

the glow plugs have been changed that is easy to see on inspection, on checking to see if they are receiving a live feed we have discovered that none of the plugs are receiving a live,

on pulling the fuses next to the battery we have deduced that none of the fuses have blown, but when the glow plug light on the dash goes out you cant hear the relay click either on or off?

plus there are plenty of relays in there where is the glow plug relay? and what are the numbers etc... on it? in other words they are all black so what voltage/amps etc... should it say on it and if it's knackered what do I replace with? main dealer part or motor factor?

I have gotta change the track rod end tommorrow and both sway links then go through the vehicle inside and out to chase blown lamps etc... as the previous owner was obviously not a hands on guy and definatley not somebody who kept on top of the little things!

I have NO user manual!! NO workshop manual and my horn doesn't work, neither does the interior lights, or the full beam headlamps or the rear fog lights, and thats just what we've found without looking! lol

I'm not complaining we bought the car as we've got 5 children and up until when we bought the voyager only one 5 seat car!! We got it for a good price, and the bodywork is in reasonably good condition aside from the fact that the pass sliding door is rusted out at the bottom!

All I want is to get the vehicle back to tip top condition, and everything functioning as it should do, If any of you guys have any advice, tips, or any pictures or information that can help in any way then please don't hesitate to offer your tuppence worth lol

any help greatly appreciated and much needed lol

Wayne, Valerie, and tribe! lol