New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

mopar fan since the 1980's

Old 11-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Default mopar fan since the 1980's

we had a dodge ram caravan that had seen a commercial mock up.
it had running led lights on the top.. each seat had a map light..
the middle seat behind the driver had a cup holder recessed into the wall with a light and cigarette lighter..
there was a sliding arm rest on each side of the far rear seat hiding 12v cigarette lighter plugs and a storage tray..
the side windows all had metal blinds with curtains.. the rear window had a sliding curtain..
rotating captain seats in the very front.. rotating captain seats in the middle.. a fold-down bed/seat in the rear.. a cup warmer up front that had it's wire clipped at the dealer (my dad didnt want the warmer to burn down the van)
there was a notch in the floor for a table..a'hallmark' sticker on the sliding side door.. and when we got the van, the new conversion seats still had all the plastic on them.

the mitsubishi/chrysler 4cylengine had over 300k miles on it before we junked it

that van went to florida.. missippi.. kentucky.. ruby falls

i think the only things hallmark ever did for vans was put the custom graphic decals on the sides.
for instance.. the late model mopar vans that have all the fancy stickers, those were done by hallmark.

it was such a limited set, the dealer drove the van out to the lot as we were looking to buy my mother a new car.
the year was 1989 and we got that van for $13k
initially the van only had 10 or 20k miles on it my parents say.

that van is special to me.. just because it was a major piece of my childhood that made things golden. (even though the same van grew into a monster, and led me to be embarassed while being seen in it - part of the golden memory me thinks)

i'm not trying to bring that van back to life, but i thought it would make a perfect introduction speech for this section of the forum.