New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbe Finally Managed to Log in

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Default Newbe Finally Managed to Log in

Hello

Very new to all this and hope I can find answers to a lot of questions.

To Cut a very long story as short as pos, I have purchased a 2003 Voyager 2.5d with 82000 miles under its belt, this purchase was in desperation!! as the Citroen Picasso 2.0HDi we had died on the way from our House in the South of France to the UK, rear suspension collapsed and the Clutch was on its way.

In stepped my Son and said "There is a trader near where I work selling a Chrysler something or another" So me and the Wife went and saw what turned out to be a Voyager SWB, in a very sorry looking condition, (Parked under trees for three months while they got round to it) we negotiated a price for "as is condition" and it was ours, a mere £850 squid, (It has issues but no car is safe from dents in France) then the thought of what have we done went through our minds, I worked as a Marine Engineer but am now find it hard to work on vehicles so we left it in the hands of my Son, first time for everything LOL

We carried on our break with a poorly Citroen, as my nipper was giving it the once over he found the Rack was shot and the antiroll bar rubbers had gone quite literally there were none!!, with the work done and a full service, inc the manual gearbox lube, we took the car over and found the N/S/R brake calliper was locking on, so Friday night we were phoning round trying to get one, located one at a local factors and picked it up Saturday, fitted it and all ok, got to the ferry very overloaded on the Monday and I forgot my sons warning of don't open the drivers window, had to stop in the first lay by in France to take door card off and get the window closed, and yes it was raining, this fixed off we set for the 1200k trip through France, well it didn't miss a beat, I was impressed even the cruise control worked, since being back and unloaded, I have ordered up another complete window mechanism and tackled the electric sliding doors, wont win any records for speed of my work but I got them both going, today's challenge was to fix the key fob, after reading all the nightmare stuff I didn't hold much hope, after a lot of cleaning it works Success, now need to remove all the seats to clean the carpet, think it has had 12 years of kids!! So far I am impressed. its useless having a good car here age wise as the french seem to drive by feel, the Wife has the decent car as she parks it in an underground park when at work so some what safer

Old 04-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you have questions needing input regarding the Grand Voyager, I'd suggest posting your question in the Voyager and Town & Country forum. That's a very lively forum with many members from the UK. They speak diesel there!
They also speak right hand drive and manual gearbox. We on this side of the "pond" don't know much about those things.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:23 AM

Thank you for your reply, yes Manual Diesel and right hand drive would be a little alien to the good folks in the USA!! But we were no good at auto Boxes and could only think of driving on the wrong side, at least we got the pedals the same in the end!!!!

Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 AM

I've found this place too at last!

Cheers for the link John.