New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

voyager clutch / hydraulics problem.. Any advice appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Default voyager clutch / hydraulics problem.. Any advice appreciated

I have a 2003 Voyager manual 2.5 petrol.
My car broke down last week, it wouldn't go into gear, then it did but it was juddering and eventually it wouldn't accelerate, only rev even when in gear.
I was told by the garage that it was the clutch, so I paid £650 and the clutch was replaced. When I collected it I was told that they'd looked at the hydraulics and they'd seen some moisture in there, this wasn't a problem and I should just keep an eye on it. However, my car now doesn't like going into gear. When I first start the car I struggle to get it into 1st and reverse seems particularly bad. Once the car is going it seems much better.
I called the garage who said, yes that will be the hydraulics that we were talking about. Bring the car back and we'll price the hydraulics system for you as you can't bleed the system?
I know nothing about cars and I'm slightly p'd off that I paid for them to fix my car and its not fixed but also that they were happy to give me a car back that won't go into gear!
Any advice would be really appreciated, we don't seem to have many local garages that know about Chryslers.