Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Voyager Mk.1 2.5D clutch hydraulics (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Default Grand Voyager Mk.1 2.5D clutch hydraulics (UK)

Hi, i'm new in here having picked up the link from an Ebay buyer's guide whilst searching for clutch hydraulics for my GV.

The GV recently suffered a failure which turned out to be the clutch slave cylinder split open.
My garage was unable to find any spares from all local motor factors so I tried my 'local' Chrysler dealer 30 miles away in Gloucester (Kings of the Sytner group). They said there is a lot of problems with these and they could not provide a delivery estimate unless I placed an order. Further enquiry got a response that the part could arrive in a week, a month or even a year and that they had genuine experience of the latter case.

Not wanting to part with nearly £400 only to wait up to a year I asked if they could provide any more information. The response was to try the breaker yards.
I used a couple of online services and ended up with Charlton's over Cambridge/Peterborough way and ACD near Manchester. The latter were not expecting any in but I was able to secure the next one in by paying in anticipation and now I have obtained a used replacement part.

In the interim I contacted Chrysler UK to try and find out why this part is not available, they referred me back to the dealer networks. I informed them that the dealers are showing no stock available anywhere and they had advised there was nothing they could do. So users are left running in circles from dealer to manufacturer and back to dealers with no spares available.

I wonder why Chrysler UK seem to have totally abandoned supplying the demand for this part. It is clear from the auto-trade websites and magazines that there are still hundreds of these on the road, and from the conversations with Charlton's and ACD they are receiving on average 10 calls a day from folk looking for this particular part. If that really is the case then why are none being manufactured? ACD actually commented that they are trying to get some made in China, but that's another story.

On finding these forums I did some simple searches for 'grand voyager clutch hydraulics' and similar permutations but found no threads, rather odd if the information I've received is correct and many persons are seeking this part.

Of course that may be due to my not yet finding a reliable source which forum users are already aware of.

I feel that it would be wise to obtain another as a spare, so if anyone out there can help me with this I'd be grateful.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Did you try Hatfields in Bury, Manchester. 0161 767 9500. I would recommend them.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 PM

Thanks for the info.

Sadly they have access to the same system as Sytners and re-iterated that the slave cylinder is out of stock. Since both master and slave must be replaced together and no delivery estimate can be given I'm in the same situation, that is I must use second-hand parts.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Old 07-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Thanks error7, I'll check that out and post back.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Site says 10 available but when I called there are none.

Part is from Blue Print and not genuine, not necessarily a bad thing but still misleading advertising.

Contact said that page would be updated to reflect zero stock so I guess that's better than leading other buyers into a false sense of security.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:36 AM

Sorry to hear that frunet. Very disappointing. I thought that was a good lead. I'll keep looking out for a supply.