New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

WET FLOOR

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Default WET FLOOR

Hi,my name is JOHN from PA..we purchased a new 2008 Chrysler Sebring in 9/08 and it now has 2200 miles on it. The problem is everytime it rains hard or snows thedriver side floor gets soaked..I took it to the dealer & he said that the drain for the sunroof was blocked..he repaired it and 7 weeks later (Christmas Day) once again the floor is soaked because of the rain we had..Does anyone else have or know of anyone having this kind of problem..I am ready to get rid of the vehicle.The dealer wants to see it on JAN 7, but the floor will probably be dry by then..Any suggestions..please help!!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Default RE: WET FLOOR

John,
Welcome to the forum. Don't give up on your Sebring. It's under warranty and the dealer will fix it. You can help by taking a piece of plain brown paper (like a cut-open grocery bag) and laying it out on the floor where it's wet. Mark the paper with a couple of landmarks so you can put it back in the same exact location. Then press it into the carpet where it's wet so you can get a pattern of the wet spot. Outline the pattern and that will show the dealer's technician where the water was. Hopefully, it WILL dry up soon.
Good luck with it. Once it's fixed, come back here and let us know what they did and how it all came out. We're all learing here every day.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Let them know how you park it too. if its slanted to one side on a hill facing up or down on level ground ect. this really helps out. if its getting clogged are you parking it under a tree?

Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM

A 2008 with plugged sunroof drains? Sounds fishy to me. Something else is wrong. I would be betting on the vapor barrier in the drivers door is not properly sealed. The water can get in at the belt moulding, through a failed vapor barrier, which leads into the trim panel, which is just above the carpet when the door is closed. Seen this sooooo many times, not on an 2008 mind you, but if someone has hadthe doorapart for any reason, that's where I would be looking.

I would also be pulling up the carpet to see if the underlay has any mould on it.... and if there is, ask for new carpet to be installed once the problem has been solved. There is no way to remove mould from underlay.