New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Why does Chrysler not care about customers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Default Why does Chrysler not care about customers?

I recently purchased a new 300S the instant they hit my market. On the day of delivery, I found a blemish in the paint which I pointed out to the dealership manager. I was told "No Problem" we will handle it. 2 days later while washing the car, I found a 2nd and 3rd paint problem. I contacted my dealer immediately. The dealer said "we're on it, we will make sure this thing is returned and you get another car". One week later, I found the chrome starting to bubble and peel on my driver's door handle. Same action, same result from dealer, but no word or action from Chrysler. One week later, I find yet another paint blemish for a total of 4 and a peeling door handle. Same old bs from my dealer, no word or action from Chrysler. Dealer claims to have taken digital photos and opened a case with Chrysler, yet, no word or action from Chrysler. A month into this the manager of my dealership stops taking my phone calls. I then go directly to Chrysler.
I open my own case, give all details, the rep says " I will put a rush on this claim for you and the buy back team will be in touch asap. Three days later, no word or action from Chrysler. I call again, please just give them a couple more days. 8 days into this, I call again and all they can tell me is "it's being reviewed".
I am now 6 weeks into this deal, riding around in a 35K luxury car that I am embarassed to let anyone even look at.
Why does Chrysler not care about it's customers?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 AM

I don't believe that yet, I think it's merely their process, which is greatly flawed. You see, the "process" won't even allow me to speak to anyone but the bottom rung flunky who answers the customer service phones, who can do nothing but follow a script.

One would think it should be so simple for Chrysler to do the right thing by simply replacing a defective product with a product this is as advertised and earn each customer's loyalty and praise. However, they choose to drag their feet and present themselves as not caring about the quality they produce or the customer's dissatisfaction, embarassment or dissapointment. It is almost like they prefer an escalation.

If this ridiculous waitng period is truly caused by "the process" and that is the only hold up, that would mean that I am way back on a list of disgruntled customers, which in and of itself speaks volumes about the current quality of Chrysler's products....

My attorney has advised me of a specific acceptable waiting period, all I can do is follow that advice and then go from there.

My true wish is that they will do the right thing and in a timely manner as I do absolutely love this car, all but the embarassment of it's greatly flawed and embarasing paint.