Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Why does Chrysler not care about their customers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Default Why does Chrysler not care about their customers?

I recently purchased a new 300S the instant they hit my market. On the day of delivery, I found a blemish in the paint which I pointed out to the dealership manager. I was told "No Problem" we will handle it. 2 days later while washing the car, I found a 2nd and 3rd paint problem. I contacted my dealer immediately. The dealer said "we're on it, we will make sure this thing is returned and you get another car". One week later, I found the chrome starting to bubble and peel on my driver's door handle. Same action, same result from dealer, but no word or action from Chrysler. One week later, I find yet another paint blemish for a total of 4 and a peeling door handle. Same old bs from my dealer, no word or action from Chrysler. Dealer claims to have taken digital photos and opened a case with Chrysler, yet, no word or action from Chrysler. A month into this the manager of my dealership stops taking my phone calls. I then go directly to Chrysler.
I open my own case, give all details, the rep says " I will put a rush on this claim for you and the buy back team will be in touch asap. Three days later, no word or action from Chrysler. I call again, please just give them a couple more days. 8 days into this, I call again and all they can tell me is "it's being reviewed".
I am now 6 weeks into this deal, riding around in a 35K luxury car that I am embarassed to let anyone even look at.
Why does Chrysler not care about it's customers?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 PM

same way with EVERY manufacturer. I've found it to be worse with Toyota.

In the past 3 1/2 years, I've bought a new Ford, 2 new Toyotas (oh what mistakes), and a Chrysler.

The Ford had a couple problems - rotors warping, rear calipers sticking. What'd Ford do? Replace rotors for free. Gee, thanks. They're still going to warp in the next 5K. Sticking calipers? Let's replace them. The next pair stuck. Ever think there's something wrong with the damn brake lines, master cylinder, or prop valve? Nope. Just replace and replace until it's out of warranty. Must just be the dealers are stupid.

The Toyotas - Fading paint on the bumpers (terrible detail in the paint job to begin with), interior pieces rattle, window has a horrible film that builds up no matter how many times you clean it with windex. It's like some moron rain-x'd the inside of the windshield from the factory. Defrosters and whatnot will randomly turn on (no, it's not designed to). Rim paint is flaking. I could go on.

The Chrysler - no problems (although I bought it used almost out of warranty and only owned it for about 6 months). My 1 complaint - why is doing a tune up so f'ing hard?