New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Windshield fogging is terrible

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Default Windshield fogging is terrible

I have a 2021 Pacifica and the front windshield fogs up during certain conditions with rainy weather. I have had to stop driving to because of the fogging causing poor visibility. The defrost setting doesn’t clear it. I have driven many vehicles and have never experienced a situation like this. It is very dangerous! Herb

Old 07-16-2021, 08:46 PM

You have a brand new car that is still under full warranty. If it's not working correctly, take it to the dealer for FREE repairs under warranty. Before you do that, however, read the owner's manual carefully to make sure you are operating the system correctly. Once you are confident that you understand exactly how to properly operate the system, take the vehicle to the dealer and report the problem. They may be able to duplicate the conditions by driving the car into the car wash or something similar and then they can see it for themselves. The car was designed to clear fog on the windshield rapidly, so if it is unable to do that, something is wrong that needs to be fixed. In order to get it fixed you need to go to the dealer and get on the record with your problem. This forum is not the place to do that.

Last edited by dcotter0579; 07-17-2021 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:53 PM

You’re not the only one having the issue. It is definitely the most annoying thing about this vehicle. To the dude that said take it for free repairs, not even a helpful reply, just as annoying as the foggy windows. I’ve definitely read the owners manual stills doesn’t stop the glass from fogging intermittently while I’m driving even though I’m following the instructions in the owners manual. I’ve never had this issue with any other vehicle. Must be the humid environment, but this isn’t the only vehicle that I own, and none of them fog up like the Pacifica. I’m chocking it up to a crappy design.

Old 10-28-2022, 10:20 PM

Did you try taking in for warranty work? Automakers have been designing and building cars with functional defrosters for many decades. I think they have figured out how to design vehicles that can defog a windshield. The post has been here for almost a year and a half. In that time not a single person has chimed in with a similar problem, nor has the original poster come back to register an additional complaint.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by knowltoh
I have a 2021 Pacifica and the front windshield fogs up during certain conditions with rainy weather. I have had to stop driving to because of the fogging causing poor visibility. The defrost setting doesn’t clear it. I have driven many vehicles and have never experienced a situation like this. It is very dangerous! Herb
It seems there is some kind of general problem with Chryslers and fogging. My wife and I rented a new Chrysler 300 last summer in the NYC/ Long Island area. Car worked fine until some rain and thunderstorms moved through the area. The windows fogged up horribly, especially the front windshield. The defrost didn’t do a thing. Tried other various settings using A/C, heat, vent options, window closed to open, nothing worked other than physically wiping the fog away, which came back of course. It’s one thing to have it happen during the day, but at night it was extremely dangerous as oncoming headlights reflected off the fogged windows effectively blinding the driver. We also never had a car with such hazardous fogging issues. I’ve seen online posted problems with Chryslers of various models over multiple years, complaining about this situation. The 300 was an enjoyable car to drive up until this nightmare fogging problem. I’ll never buy or rent one ever again.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:32 AM

PS: most problems regarding fogging were related to cold weather conditions, although few seemed to be resolved, a couple were because of mechanical issues. This problem with summer temperatures, high humidity, raining conditions and fogging is harder to find, especially by using conventional search engines online. I had to search specific Chrysler forums to find anything this specific. Could it be a rare problem? Perhaps. As I said, I’ve never had this problem with any other brand be it VW, Mercedes, Ford, and various rental cars I’ve rented in the past and operated under similar conditions. This problem was bad, and could easily cause an accident.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:01 AM

I've had many Chryslers over the years as had many family members and never experienced a fogging problem that couldn't be cleared almost instantly with proper use of the defroster/defogger controls. It is not a design problem with Chrysler products.