Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Ah, what the hell...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ah, what the hell...

why doesn't our great leader get off his *** and do something other than thake every photo op he gets?

Bush is doing things about the gas prices, whether you hear it on the news or not. Just recently he's got a new program for automakers. In 2008, they have to get you a lot better Mpg on vehicles (summarized). You realize that this whole hurricane thing is less then 3 weeks old right? The government can't move that fast, so it's not Bush's fault.

-Matt-

Old 09-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Did you guys know that FEMA went in and cut the communitcations between the police? or that they set up a road block to keep supplies and other aides out? They created this chaos. I know what the mark ups are. and now apparently homeland security has a program where you take a picture of the prices and address and send it in... the gas station gets shut down... end of story...

And neon, I apologize if I offended you, I too lived in florida for the majority of my life and have seen many hurricanes... Lost many things I really cared about too... I know what it's like.. .. that's why I can express my feelings so openly for them.

Now try this one,... not 6 weeks before this happened. New Orleans had a hurricane evacuation drill... to show what needed to be improved, and what was good,... now,... right when this hurricane hit, there were broadcasts on the radio, I kid you not,... DJ's saying, "leave everything now, if you can't get out, you're on your own"... where the hell is our government? Think about the big picture in this... why would FEMA, a life saving organization, cut the lines for supplies and communication between emergency services? Because if people could help themselves, there would be no need for FEMA, or any other life saving organization...

But what really gets me, is that our wonderful Bush, took his last 3 days of vacation before coming back and going,.. oh ****,.. what happened here? it's BS, and I'm sick of it... Next time we may not have as many people punching the wrong holes in those ballots... and I hope to god Kerry doesn't run this time... im demo all the way, but he was a retard...

Disclaimer: I am Democratic as hardcore as you can get, and I honestly do not agree with many of bush's doings, however these are my opinions and if there was any individual offeneded in this post, I apologize. I am American and I am entitled to my own opinion,.. if you would like to argue a point, please do, I'll argue back...

Old 09-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Administrator

or that they set up a road block to keep supplies and other aides out?
To keep people out of a dangerous city, that's flooded with water, where they could get hurt.

now apparently homeland security has a program where you take a picture of the prices and address and send it in... the gas station gets shut down... end of story..
There you have it.

why would FEMA, a life saving organization, cut the lines for supplies and communication between emergency services?
To keep people out of a dangerous city, that's flooded with water, where they could get hurt.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

What does FEMA stand for?

I'm guessing Federal Emergency medical Aid?

-Matt-

Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM

I jus thought I would post some of the conversation fron the O'reilly show.

O'REILLY: No federal has no jurisdiction in getting people out of an evacuation zone.

TATUM: If there is going to be an event such as...

O'REILLY: They knew, but the state has total authority in evacuation. Total authority.

TATUM: Right, but they can ask for help.

O'REILLY: And they didn't.

TATUM: That's...

O'REILLY: The governor of the state didn't ask for help.

MURDOCK: It was not until Thursday that Governor Blanco (search) asked for 40,000 National Guard...

O'REILLY: Wednesday.

MURDOCK: Wednesday.

O'REILLY: Wednesday.

MURDOCK: OK, so again, she could have done that Sunday. She could have done it Monday. Didn't happen until Wednesday.

MURDOCK: The other thing I'd point out is that there were about 150 school buses in the city of New Orleans that could have been used to get people out. They're now still sitting in a parking lot, all wet. And there was no way to get them out of there

Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM

I wonder how many people knew that it was up to FEMA to get those buses moving... or that they infact were there a day before when bush declared it a national disaster area... New Orleans didn't ask for help because it was promised to them already, and it got to a point where they had to ask because the government told they were on their own... I personally believe the chaos was started by FEMA itself, and that it was an atempt to keep them around a little longer... not for any reason in particular, just because we "need" them... I have to go to school now,.. you guys have fun with this,...

Old 09-17-2005, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

It isn't really Bush's fault, I doubt he wants America to suffer. Gas prices are arund $3.50 here right now...

-Matt-
I agree, simply on the basis that many environmentalists, and regular assh*les blame Bush for the hurricane...like anyone has control over the weather. Gas in Phoenix is around $3.09. It actually dropped, after going up 45 cents IN ONE DAY!

Old 09-17-2005, 11:16 PM

how can someone control the weather? Im not blaming his dumb *** for the hurricane,.. I'm blaming him for all the dead people because his people weren't there like they said they were going to be... There is a kid from New Orleans and his girlfriend of some 3 years is like missing and he's all trying to be cool about it,.. but you can tell it bothers him. It's sad really... all these schools are raising money, and we wouldnt have to do that if our prez wasn't a compulsive spender... this thread is done... everyone just stop.. can a mod delete this please?

Old 09-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

I'm blaming him for all the dead people
They knew the risk of being in a territory below sea level, thusly they chose to die.

can a mod delete this please
Sure thing. If you want it re-opened, just hit me up.

-Matt-