Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

what is the last 9 of your vin and currant miles?

Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam's Avatar
Default Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam

The Chrysler shop that I took the GMC to on Saturday called me this afternoon. This is the dealership that sold me the Chrysler warranty to start with. They said that the repairs are now covered and that they are taking care of the issues. It is unfortunate that I had to drive 3 hours to the dealership where I bought the warranty from to get the repairs to go thru, however I am relieved to hear that they are taking care of the issues and that the warranty is now covering the issues. The suggestion that I have for anyone buying this warranty is to buy it from the closest Chrysler dealer to you, not where you buy your vehicle. Also, if you need to have a repair done, even though the contract says you can take it to any ASE shop, that you take it to a Chrysler dealership to avoid the hassles and amount of time that I have experienced.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

THIS IS NOT A CHRYSLER CONTRACT. Only a dealer can use Chrysler contracts no normal joe blow shop can use a Chrysler contract especially when u have a freeking GMC car.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam's Avatar
Default Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam

Kevin,
Read the contract. Here is a link to Chrylsers website in which I enter my service contract info. Also you will see that it can be authorized at other dealerships/repair facilities as well. Is this freeking good enough for you, if you don't have anything valuable to add, stay off they thread.

Why Chrysler Service Contracts | Chrysler

Service at any Dealership

Chrysler Service Contracts are honored at any Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® dealership throughout North America. And under certain conditions, we will also authorize service at independent repair facilities. Other contract providers may limit you to their list of repair facilities, or in many cases, to a single dealership.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 AM

You could have taken it to ANY Chrysler dealer. Is 3 hours the closest one? As far as ASE goes, that sign doesn't mean anything hanging on a shop wall or outside. I've been an ASE Master since a month after I got out of tech school 23 years ago. I wouldn't blame them for sending an inspector out to a non Chrysler dealer. That is the only place that meets their standards.

Last edited by TNtech; 01-03-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

ok u have fun with it I will let others have there hand in this.

Old 02-10-2023, 11:00 AM

Really, you sound to me to be very one sided in your response. FCA is repeatedly denying folks claims and you making a blanket statements does not dismiss or disprove any of the hundreds if not thousands of claims. Yes there is a reason they are not paying these claims. It is because they are a huge powerful corporation that has plenty of lawyers making statements to judges and many of their statements are denied by judges. Even though that last sentence was a bit unclear. I will clarify, I think you are being completely one sided and you seem to be representing the dismissive attitude of corporate America that is displayed in any instance where culpability is in question. .

Old 03-15-2023, 05:31 PM

A really old thread. Last year, I bought the 8 year 60,000 miles Mopar MaxCare Plan and MVP Multicare Plus Plan (both $0 deductible) for $50 over invoice, or $2,200 for both. 2020 300s V8 Alloy Edition. I have complete confidence in the car but I'm up in age and want to keep the car in the family should I pass. If the family still chooses to sell the car, the additional Mopar Warranty should increase the car's value and can be transferred for $50.

I've noticed in the Mopar forums that people who have problems with the warranty or dealer are either poor writers or aren't telling the whole story. Sadly, some people are led to believe the warranties will cover items/situations they were never meant to cover.

Last edited by Curious Joe; 03-15-2023 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

WHo sounds to be one sided in this matter?

Old 04-15-2023, 02:29 PM

When you buy one of these service plans, you are not buying a "warranty". You are buying a pre-paid service contract. In other words, you and the seller of the contract are betting against each other that the car will or will not have problems that will exceed the value of the contract. The people that sell these contracts are not stupid. They are in the business to make money. They have a great deal of data and experience that they use to price these things out. You are betting against the house when you spend that money.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam