Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

FIAT Punto 1.3 TD: suitable for bio-blends?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Default FIAT Punto 1.3 TD: suitable for bio-blends?

I have a 2006 FIAT Punto 1.3 diesel that I'd be keen to use bio-diesel in, provided I wasn't going to void the warranty. (I think the base model does not have a particulate filter, which seems relevant to the issue.)

The owner's manual and warranty booklet note that bio-diesel's okay provided it's certified to European standard EN590. A B100 retailer in Kempsey tells me that he believes the product is made to internatioanl standards and should be okay, but suggested I speak to the producer.

ABG (the producer) tells me that they manufacture to the Australian standard "which is similar but not identical to the European standard". It notes further that it recommends passenger vehicles use a B5 blend and that's what most retailers in NSW and Qld sell.

I'd be grateful of feedback from anyone who knows the car and the products (or knows anyone who uses bio in their FIAT).

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

sorry guy the is CHRYSLERr not FIAT I wont have any training in the cars for awhile.